The Lowdown on Ums, Ahhs and Filler Words and Why Worrying About Them Could be Sabotaging Your Speaking – 168
So many people worry about using umms and ahhs when they speak … and some speaking organisations and coaches make the elimination of filler words a big focus.
But do they matter?
In this show I want to share why we use them, and to make the case for and against focusing on getting rid of filler words. We’re also going to look at the psychological trick we play against ourselves that contributes to this fear.
Finally, I’m also going to give some strategies for eliminating them, if you really feel they are getting in the way of you becoming a successful speaker.
What you’ll discover:
- Why we use filler words
- The case for eliminating them.
- The case against eliminating them.
- My view about filler words.
- Strategies for eliminating filler words.
- Next steps.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.