Supercharging Your Presence & Audience Connection – 161
After graduating with a degree in interpersonal communication, Brett Hill ended up becoming a technology expert, before bringing the two strands of technology and communication together to create a distinguished and successful career as a technical speaker and storyteller.
Alongside that career, Brett has spent many years studying and practicing mindfulness in many forms.
He studied Hakomi, a mindfulness-based somatic psychology with founder Ron Kurtz and he also trained as a facilitator in Matrix Leadership group dynamics with founder Amina Knowlan, before establishing the Quest institute meditation center in Dallas.
He credits much of his professional success in the corporate world to the skills and tools he picked up from the mindfulness world he also moved in.
Eventually, the desire to share the many benefits of mindfulness with others, so that they could live a richer and more powerful life of intention and connection, led to the work he does today.
I’m excited for you to discover some of those benefits, including how to increase your personal power from this interview.
What you’ll learn:
- How Brett stumbled from a degree in interpersonal skills to becoming a technology expert.
- What a technical evangelist is.
- The broken heart that led Brett to find his future.
- Why we need to pay attention to the physical sensations we experience ‘in the moment’.
- How we can diffuse potentially explosive situations and influence conversations by harnessing the power of mindfulness.
- The problem that Brett’s work helps people solve.
- What it looks like and sounds like to others when someone is being truly present with them.
- How mindfulness can help you avoid confirmation bias and create new possibilities.
- The correlation between using language intentionally and mindfulness.
- The trap that many speakers fall into in relation to their audience.
- How to practice mindfulness in your day to day experiences.
- Tips for using mindfulness to make your presentations more powerful.
All things Brett:
Linked in personal Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mindfulguy/
Linked in company page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/languageofmindfulness
Podcast: The Language of Mindfulness
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.