How to Master Your Mind and Memory with Anthony Metivier (Part One) – 158
There are some obvious benefits to improving your memory, whether you’re a speaker, or you need to use speaking as part of your job or to grow your business. Benefits such as remembering your content, people’s names, or complex information to name but a few.
BUT besides these valuable advantages that improving your memory brings, there are other positives that make it a compelling goal to master your mind and memory.
That’s why I am so pleased to have Dr. Anthony Metivier as a guest on this two-part show.
Anthony is an experienced memory expert, author, professor and memory improvement teacher, and is known as a bit of a rebel in the world of mnemonics, because of the different approach he advocates.
Since confronting his own negative beliefs about his memory, and seeing the amazing results he achieved, he has taught thousands of students how to achieve incredible results too.
What you’ll discover:
- That you don’t have to be trapped by the current state of your mind and memory.
- Why Anthony describes himself as a rebel in the world of mnemonics.
- The flaw in memory techniques designed just to win competitions.
- The potential benefits of memory practice aside from remembering things.
- Why you should think about your mind as a garden.
- The epiphany that started Anthony on his own memory journey.
- The secret behind one of the oldest card tricks.
- Why memory techniques can have an impact on anxiety and depression.
- Why the Magnetic Memory Method is like a martial art of the mind.
- How using memory techniques can increase your creativity.
- What serial positioning is and how you can use it to help you and your audience remember the middle of your talk.
- The different types of memory and what they’re for.
All things Anthony:
Youtube: Anthony Metivier’s YouTube Channel
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.