Why Failure is the Quickest Path to Getting What You Want with Jill Salzman – 149
Jill Salzman is on her third entrepreneurial adventure. She has already successfully sold two businesses, one in the music industry and one in baby jewelry. CNNMoney has called her a “mommy mogul,” she was named one of the Top 50 Women to Watch In Tech.
She’s also an author, a podcast host for Inc. Magazine’s top-rated entertaining business podcast, Breaking Down Your Business, and an international speaker. She’s shared the speaker stage with Richard Branson, Sheryl Sandberg, Daymond John, Marilu Henner, and Desmond Tutu.
Jill is currently growing her third business, which is The Founding Moms, the world’s first and only global collective of offline masterminds and online resources for mom entrepreneurs.
In this show, she is sharing lessons learned from her own journey so that you can take the fast pass to success in yours.
What you’ll discover:
- The impact of Jill’s mom on her entrepreneurial journey.
- How Jill talked her way into a ‘Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Event’ and why she thinks her ability not to overthink things has impacted her success.
- Why Jill ditched her job as a lawyer after 2 weeks.
- Why you should look at what’s working in other industries to see if they can disrupt yours.
- Lessons from the music business you can apply to selling your stuff.
- The challenges Jill faced as a young Mum with two businesses and how her feelings led her to find her mission.
- Why the resourcefulness and adaptability you have to develop as a parent, is equally applicable to business.
- How social norms and subconscious messaging lead women to undermine their value and abilities and how Founding Moms helps people overcome that.
- Jill’s mission and how she wants to change the world.
- How being part of a community is so valuable on the entrepreneurial journey.
- Why Jill believes ditching the ‘professional’ image has been an important factor in growing her audience and business.
- How speaking helps Jill’s business and why it’s not necessarily in the way you think.
- What ‘kloofing’ is.
- Why you should raise your prices and how to manage the fear of doing that.
- Jill’s three top tips for success.
All things Jill Salzman:
Social Media: @foundingmoms
Launch it by Jill Salzman
The Best Business Book in the World According to My Mom by Jill Salzman
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.