The Secrets to Running Successful Events & Getting Booked to Speak at Them! With Debbie Bell – 130
It was while Vicky and Debbie were working for a large event management company when they realised there was a gap in the market for an agency that would deliver inspiring events to help clients achieve their goals…so they decided to start ZiaBia.
That was in 2012 and they are still going strong, despite the current challenges. They and their team have delivered a range of events internationally for some of the biggest charities and organisations, from small, intimate affairs to large conferences with thousands of delegates.
As many of you are creating your own events, I thought it would be useful to explore what makes an event successful. Of course, I couldn’t miss the opportunity to get the lowdown on what event organisers are looking for in speakers too!
Make sure you listen to find out what you need to have in place and deliver to get more bookings, whether it’s a virtual event or a live one.
What you’ll discover:
- Why it’s so critical to follow your passion rather than the money.
- That the budget is not the most important factor for a successful event and what you should be focusing on instead.
- The little touches that make the difference.
- How online events compare to face to face ones and why in person events will always return.
- Tips on marketing an event to get people there.
- Why you need to be clear on the event goals and messaging to secure a great delegate experience.
- The secret to making an event run smoothly.
- What happens behind the scenes of speaker selection for events.
- The critical marketing assets event organisers are looking for when booking a speaker.
- Why speakers can make or break an event.
- What makes a great speaker from an event management perspective.
- Why excellence is more important than perfection.
All things Zia Bia:
‘Becoming’ by Michelle Obama
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.