Why You Should Seek the ‘Truest Thing’ For Connection and Laughs with Christian Russell-Pollock – 111
Now more than ever we need to be meeting our audience where they are to reach them with our message. As an MC at comedy gigs being able to build a rapport and connect with your audience is an imperative and that is why I am chuffed to have Christian Russell-Pollock as my guest on this show.
An award-winning comic and marketer, Christian is a master at engaging his audience whether it’s onstage doing comedy or online promoting events or individuals. In this episode he is sharing some game changing tips for speaking, connecting with your audience and growing your brand.
What we talk about:
- What Christian loves about stand-up comedy.
- How you can cover if your material doesn’t land and still get a laugh.
- Why it’s better to know your material and trust yourself than learning every word.
- How to bring an audience into the experience and move easily between your material.
- The difference between an MC and a performer and how the skills of an MC can increase your impact.
- Christian’s tips for being successful with humour.
- Why the truest thing is the funniest thing and what that means.
- Top tips for an MC that apply live and for online events.
- The No1 thing you should think about when building your brand.
- Why you need to give your audience a way to keep in touch.
- Persona examples and why this matter.
- Why it’s important for your audience to like you.
- Why you should always find your opposite to work with in business.
All things Christian:
Link to persona episode to add
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
*(please note if you use my link I get a small commission, but this does not affect your payment)