Bring in the Funny For More Money! – 105
In this show, I’m going to do something I’ve wanted to do for a long time and that’s do a little breakdown of how two of the most successful viral video adverts used humour for massive success. Then I’m going to show you how you can apply the same humour success principles to your public speaking and other marketing content.
I often reference these two brands when I’m showing people how valuable humour is, because undoubtedly it played a massive part in the results that they achieved with their video ads. They are Dollar Shave Club and Squatty Potty. Both of their videos were very funny, both went viral and gave them massive brand recognition and sales growth.
Dollar Shave Club is a mail order razor company and its founder Michael Dubin’s first video promo launched the company in 2012. 24 hours later they had 12,000 new subscribers and four years later Dollar Shave Club was bought by Unilever for £1bn. After Squatty Potty’s video went viral sales increased by 600% and that video has now had 100 million views.
So, if you’re interested in getting some tips for adding humour to your message for more impact and business growth then listen up!
What you’ll discover:
- The benefits of using humour in your talks
- Some specific humour tricks that were used to create viral ads
- The fundamental rule of comedy
- The connection between laughs and knowing your audience
- The rule of three examples
- How to use contrast for big laughs
- How to apply viral video humour tricks to your talk
- Some key locations for humour in your talks
- Why self-deprecation works
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.