From Silent Protestor to Viral Word Warrior with James Aspey – 104
At the age of 17, James Aspey was diagnosed with leukaemia and given six weeks to live. Over the next 3 years, he fought to survive, which he did. He emerged from that battle with a new appreciation of life and a personal understanding of suffering.
During his treatment he’d gained 23kg and after being given the all clear he began, with the help of a trainer to get his weight and fitness back on track. Inspired by the help he’d got James became a personal trainer too. It was whilst on a cruise ship working as a PT that James met a man that would completely change the path of his life.
He began to question some of the things he’d always believed about food and health and embarked on a journey that would lead him first to giving up eating animals, then to giving up his voice for animals and finally, to what he does today, speaking all over the world about animals and veganism.
His words are visceral and provocative, his message is hard to hear…but more and more people are listening, and that’s why I asked James to come on the show. If you want to get some lessons from a master speaker, with a heartfelt message that is influencing people across the globe to make a major shift in their life and beliefs…then listen to this show…but be warned… at times you may find what James says disturbing and challenging.
What we talk about:
- What James found out that changed the course of his life.
- Why we should care about what we eat.
- The benefits of a vegan diet.
- How James coped having a year without uttering a word.
- Why it’s important for speakers to focus on understanding and addressing potential objections and how James does it.
- Why James believes education is the best way to influence people and how he does it.
- How James tailors his message for different audiences
- Why we sometimes need to shock to create change
- How being Vegan can help you grow as a communicator
- Why Tofu is one of the most underrated foods of all time!
- Why humour is so powerful, especially when your message is serious!
- How James puts his talks together, for maximum attention and impact.
- What James considers to be the most important point of his speeches.
- James’ secret to becoming a great speaker.
- James’ secret to business success.
All things James:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
*(please note if you use my link I get a small commission, but this does not affect your payment)