12 Life Changing Book Suggestions to Help You Rock 2020 – 099
I’ve decided to curate 12 book suggestions from some of my most popular guest episodes. My intention is to give you some new ideas and inspiration to help you rock this coming year!
If you’re anything like me, the New Year brings an opportunity for a fresh start. It’s an opportunity to look back at the past 12 months of achievement, learning and growth and to consider what you want for the coming year. I’ve set some pretty big goals for the next 12 months and I know that these will be challenging. That’s because I will have to open up my mind, be coachable and invest in my growth to achieve what I’ve set out to do.
Reading or listening to books will play a big part of my growth as it always has done, and that’s why I absolutely love hearing from my guests about the books that they’ve read that have created transformation in their life. Many of those books I’ve gone on to read myself and they have opened up new possibilities for me. So in this episode I thought I’d put a recommendation for each of the next 12 months together for you.
- Shelly O’Donovan – Body Language and Influencing Expert
- Graham Allcott – Best Selling Author and Productivity Expert
- Jay Miller – One of Canada’s top Voice Coaches
- Paul Coleman – Brand and Innovation Guru and Bafta Award Winning Comedy Writer
- Simon Fanshawe – Perrier Award Winning Comedian, Stonewall Founder & Diversity Expert
- Sophie Devonshire – Business leader, entrepreneur, brand specialist and author.
- Devin Thorpe – Writer, Business Advisor and World Changer
- Peter Cheese – People & Change Expert & CEO of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
- Carl Honore – Journalist, Best-Selling Author & Speaker
- Verla Fortier – Author, Speaker and Expert on Green Space Research
- Joanna Penn – Award Winning Author, Online Entrepreneur & Writing Coach
- Nahla Summers – CEO of the Sunshine People Charity, Author, and Expert on Kindness
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela
- Trust Me by Nick Morgan
- New Power – How it’s Changing the 21st Century and Why You Need to Know by Jeremy Jeimanns and Henry Timms
- Germinal by Emile Zola
- How to Win Friends and Influence People with Dale Carnegie
- The Bible
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Quiet American by Graham Greene
- The Global Forest – 40 Ways That Trees Can Save Us by Diana Beresford-Kroeger
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Tuesdays with Morrie – Mitch Albom
How to Find Out More About My Guests:
Twitter / Linked In: @shellyodonovan
Episode 037 – Shelly’s First Interview on The Speaking Club
Episode 097 – Shelly’s Second Interview on The Speaking Club
Graham’s Website – http://www.grahamallcott.com
Think Productive – https://thinkproductive.co.uk
Beyond Busy Podcast – http://getbeyondbusy.com
Episode 044 – Graham’s Interview on The Speaking Club
Jay’s Website – http://voiceandspeech.com
Jay’s YouTube Channel – Visit Voice & Speech on YouTube
Episode 047 – Jay’s Interview on The Speaking Club
Episode 051 – Paul’s Interview on The Speaking Club
Episode 052 – Simon’s Interview on The Speaking Club
Episode 054 – Sophie’s Interview on The Speaking Club
Episode 056 – Devin’s Interview on The Speaking Club
Episode 060 – Peter’s Interview on The Speaking Club
Episode 068 – Carl’s Interview on The Speaking Club
Website – Treesmendus.com
Episode 088 – Verla’s Interview on The Speaking Club
Website – https://www.thecreativepenn.com
Social Media @thecreativepenn
Episode 092 – Joanna’s Interview on The Speaking Club
Episode 095 – Nahla’s Interview on The Speaking Club
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
*Some of these links contain affiliate links which means that I get a small commission but it won’t affect the price you pay.