Build Your Niche, Not Your Brand! – 094
In business today, it’s a fairly established principle that you have to start small in order to grow big…that you have to find a ‘niche’. But that rule doesn’t just apply to business, it applies to anything you want to build a business or movement from. Whether you’re a speaker, author, expert, inventor or charity founder if you don’t find a way to be different, you’ll get lost in the crowd.
In this show I want to share about what a niche is, and how you can create one. I often talk about helping you stand out and whilst storytelling and humour will certainly separate you from the crowd, your message needs to do the same. I’m hoping this episode gives you more food for thought and another angle to come at this from.
What we’re going to cover:
- The two traps we can fall into as speakers and business owners.
- Why being ‘better’ is bad.
- Why you should actively try to alienate people with your message.
- How going for a thin slice could end up giving you a bigger piece of the pie
- Why articulating the problem best makes you a winner.
- The different types of ways you can niche down.
- What tennis and niching have got in common!
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
See you next time.
The 100 True Fans article – http://kk.org/thetechnium/1000-true-fans/
*Some of these links contain affiliate links which means that I get a small commission but it won’t affect the price you pay.