How to Stay Mentally Strong Whatever Life Throws at You! – 086
Today it feels that stress, anxiety and depression are reaching epidemic levels, and for many people who slip into that black hole, it can take years to scramble out and get life back on track…if they manage it at all. For public speakers there are many potential triggers for stress and anxiety… the actual act of speaking can be terrifying for some, then there’s the rejection to deal with, and perhaps one of the biggest ones we face…the old imposter syndrome. That’s why I decided to invite Linda Clarke on the show.
I have been working with Linda to develop her new workshop and I’ve been so impressed by her story, her knowledge and experience and the results she gets people. So, for me it was a no brainer to ask if she would come onto The Speaking Club to share her wisdom with you.
A Master Hypnotherapist, with many other qualifications to her name, Linda has been in practice since 2006. She was based in South Africa for most of that time, with a thriving business, even treating Nelson Mandela’s Granddaughter as part of a documentary at one point. But her life changed dramatically in 2017 and what would have sent most people over the edge, gave Linda the perfect opportunity to take her own medicine.
I am sure you will enjoy this show!
What we talk about:
- What Hypnotherapy is and how it works.
- How your thoughts can help or hinder your situation when you’re going through a difficult time/transition.
- The top 3 things you can do to cope in a high-stress situation.
- The two different ways of being mindful and how they can help you perform better.
- Specific tips for managing anxiety and stress around public speaking.
- The importance of building the right neural pathways.
- Primal needs – what they are and why they matter.
- Why your talk doesn’t need to be perfect to be effective.
- Why you should speak to the audience you’ve got not the one you want.
- The importance of trusting your instincts in business.
All things Linda:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
*(please note if you use my link for the books, I get a small commission, but this does not affect your payment)