Seven Deadly Slide Sins and How to Avoid Them – 082
Over the years, I’ve noticed a disease that has infected many, many people…particularly those working in the corporate world. That disease is ‘slide sickness’. The symptoms are nasty, and they result in the audiences for your talk slapping themselves in the face to stay awake.
I know that what to do with slides pre-occupies and perplexes many speakers and since I’ve only touched on the topic of slides once before in a guest show, I’ve decided to go a bit deeper in this episode. I’m going to give you my take on the seven deadly slide sins and how to avoid them, so that you are confident about using slides and they won’t cause you problems again.
What this episode covers:
- Where slide creation comes in the preparation process
- Slide design and what you need to think about
- Why you need to think about what your audience can see
- How you can avoid unnecessarily breaking the audience connection
- What your slides say about you and your business
- How to avoid falling into the fun trap
- How your slides can support your success
Thanks for listening!
Leaving a review:
To share your thoughts:
leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
See you next time.