Navigating Change & Staying Relevant with Sophie Devonshire– 054
Sophie Devonshire is a business leader, entrepreneur, brand specialist and author who has worked around the globe including roles with Procter & Gamble, Coca Cola GB, Leo Burnett and Interbrand. She is much in demand as a speaker on contemporary leadership topics, business acceleration, brand transformation, the relationship between work and family life and the role of diversity at work and is constantly curious about how to speed up success.
She has also written a new book, ‘Superfast – Lead at Speed’ to help us navigate change when it is happening around us today at lightning speed. In this episode she is sharing tips and insight from her own experience and from over 100 senior leaders from some of the biggest and some of the fastest growing companies that she interviewed whilst researching the book. If you want to stay relevant and ready to take advantage of opportunity when it knocks, then you’ll enjoy this show.
What you’ll learn
- The definition of brand and why understanding it is so difficult.
- The difference between organisational and personality brands.
- Why we should think about our personal brand, whether you’re an employee or an entrepreneur.
- Why you should identify the environment in which you perform best.
- Why having a sense of fun in business can make a huge difference to your success.
- Why it’s important to get the pace of change right for your business.
- The quickest way to move faster.
- Why it’s so important to move past imposter syndrome to focus on the message you are giving.
- How audacity is a great tool to add to your business tool kit.
- Why energy management is more important than time management and what tips for doing it.
- Why you and Elon Musk should embrace the power of the pause.
- How strategic laziness can fast-track your success.
- Why micro-learning can be more effective than traditional courses.
- The three ingredients for a great speech by Dan Pink.
- Why you should edit your life and your goals.
All things Sophie:
Books mentioned in the Show with Amazon Link:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
*(please note if you use my link I get a small commission, but this does not affect your payment)