Managing Your Mind with Brooke Hender – 046
Brooke Hender has had quite a journey, from project manager to actor to therapist. Although he found he had patterns of behavior that were negatively impacting his ability to live a happy and fulfilled life, he initially resisted getting help. He felt that this was just the way things were. Eventually, he gave therapy a chance but was amused when his own therapist suggested he would make a good therapist himself. Even though he dismissed the notion and fought against it for some time, after working on himself and transforming his life, he felt drawn to helping others get the same results and trained to become the Cognitive Hypnotherapist he is today.
In this show Brooke and I explore some of the thinking and behaviours that hold us back from achieving the success we want, in life, in speaking and in business. We cover off phobias, anxiety and the limiting beliefs that live in the shadows of our mind. There are some great strategies and tips for identifying and managing the thoughts that might be holding us back without us even being aware of them. If you know you’re not fully realizing your potential, then this show might help you to start removing the blocks that are in your way.
What you’ll learn
- Strategies for managing anxiety around public speaking and performance.
- Why it’s important to be visible and add value.
- Tips for managing imposter syndrome.
- How to keep a healthy separation between personal and professional success
- Why presenting and performing is an essential part of business today
- How to discover the things in your subconscious that might be holding you back.
- The impact of the assumptions we make as human beings.
- What cognitive hypnotherapy is and how it works.
- Two great questions to help develop your self-awareness.
- How limiting beliefs work and how they impact our lives.
- Why “it’s just the way I am” doesn’t have to be true.
All things Brooke:
Brooke’s Website –http://www.brookehender.com
Books mentioned in the Show with Amazon Link*:
See Sarah Perform at Edinburgh Fringe
If you are going to the Edinburgh Fringe in 2018 you can see Sarah in action as the infamous Lillie Langtry in a feisty comedy drama. Get your tickets via the link below:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
*(please note if you use my link I get a small commission, but this does not affect your payment)