Disrupt Your Way to Success with Carl Reader – 041
Carl Reader started his working life as a hairdresser on a Youth Training Scheme, which didn’t last long. From there he shifted, by accident into accounting, starting at the bottom and rising to take over the business. His unorthodox background, entrepreneurial spirit, thirst for learning and passion for shaking things up, has helped him achieve success in the most traditional of professions in some not so traditional ways.
As an author of two popular business books for small businesses, and a popular commentator on business in the press, he has developed a reputation for no nonsense advice, and a stand out personal brand. In this show I asked him to share his experience and tips to help speakers and entrepreneurs grow their business today.
What you’ll learn
- Why you should get under the skin of your target customer and become intimate with their industry.
- The four-step model for business success.
- When and why you should share your goals and dreams.
- Why self-awareness is a critical business tool.
- Why you should develop multiple touch points with your customer.
- How online and offline networking should work together.
- Why we should be aware of the ‘stay at home economy’.
- Why you should develop a personal brand for more sales.
- What you should never do as a first-time speaker.
- How speakers can protect their business through scaling up.
- How your topic and your chosen audience can impact your bookings.
- Why you should build a business with your exit in mind.
- How speaking mishaps can turn into great PR opportunities.
- The best business advice Carl ever got.
All things Carl:
Website – www.carlreader.com
Twitter / Linked In / Facebook: @CarlReader
Books mentioned in the Show with Amazon Link:
If you are going to the Edinburgh Fringe in 2018 you can see Sarah in action as the infamous Lillie Langtry in a feisty comedy drama. Get your tickets via the link below:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
*(please note if you use my link I get a small commission, but this does not affect your payment)