Universal Themes & Story Plots for Powerful Public Speaking & Marketing Content – 037
Chances are all the films you love, all the books you devour, have pulled you in because you can relate not only to the character and their journey, but to the underlying messages that apply universally to all human beings. There are recurring symbols and motifs weaved into the fabric of stories from ‘The Three Little Pigs’ to ‘Harry Potter’, that signal, repeat and reinforce the themes that writers from Shakespeare to Quentin Tarantino use to draw us in and deliver a moral takeaway.
Speakers and copy writers can also use universal themes and the tools of symbols and motifs in stories and more widely in their content to hook the audience, keep them engaged and get them to remember the kernel message and action points. In this show, I’m going to share what I know about universal themes and story plots, and some examples of how you can use them practically in your public speaking and marketing content.
What you’ll learn:
- What universal themes and basic story plots are
- Why they are important in stories, speaking, and marketing copy
- The different types of universal themes
- How symbols and motifs reinforce universal themes and what they are
- The options for story plots
- How you might use them in your speaking and in business.
Thanks for listening!
More Info & Tickets to the Play Sarah is in at Edinburgh Fringe
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.