How to Find Stories to Share in Your Talks, Teaching and Marketing Content – 033
This is the start of a storytelling themed month, here on The Speaking Club. I have some amazing guests coming up, all experts on storytelling, and with different expertise to share. On top of that, I will be sharing tips to help with your storytelling and public speaking, starting with this show, where I’m answering a question I get asked often… how can I find stories to share? If you’re like many of the people I coach, you can feel stumped when it comes to finding stories for your presentations, teaching, or marketing copy. You know the value of using them… you know they help audiences to relate and connect to your talk, but you feel that you haven’t got any worth sharing, or you can’t find a story to work with the point you want to make.
Well, that’s about to change. In this show, I’m giving you several techniques for exploring your life, and unlocking your memories. As you listen to the episode and work through the accompanying cheat sheet, you’ll find stories bubbling to the surface in abundance. I’m also giving you some examples of stories from my own life, and I show you how I would use them in a business presentation from different angles.
What you’ll learn:
- How to find stories from events
- Prompts for exploring your life episodes
- The seven story question categories for unlocking your story memories
- How you can relate stories back to your presentation or copy message
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
See you next time.