Psychological Speaking Success with Richard Wiseman – 032
Richard Wiseman is a man of many talents…he started off in magic and still acts as a creative consultant to the world’s best magicians and illusionists, TV shows, and movies…and if he’s not advising on them he’s presenting them. He is a Professor of Psychology, and his research has been published across the world, alongside being a 10-time author of some of the most popular business psychology books today. His books have been translated into over 20 languages, and many of them explore the science of success, and focus on practical, evidence-based, techniques that improve people’s personal and professional lives.
Alongside all of this he speaks around two to three times a week and has two YouTube channels ‘In 59 Seconds’ and ‘Quirkology’ that have over 2 million subscribers and 500 million views. Described as one of the most “innovative experimental psychologists in the world today”, and “one of the top 100 people that make Britain a nice place to live”, he’s clearly got lots to share on the secret of success, how to make your stuff, (even science stuff), engaging
What you’ll learn
- What are the genuine lessons of magic for performers and speakers
- Why you must understand things deeply to explain them simply
- Why speakers must find a skin they’re comfortable in
- How authenticity is a skill to be developed rather than a quality you have.
- Why you should throw your book away before you prepare a speech on it.
- How military tactics can be used as a planning structure for presentations.
- The most vital two minutes of your talk and tips for making this successful.
- The difference between performing and showing off and why this is important for speakers.
- How Richard uses humour in his talks, (including practical examples).
- Why the audience must believe it’s the first time you’ve done your talk… every time.
- How Richard adapts his talk depending on the audience.
- How to get the balance right between education and entertainment.
- A trick for getting people to remember the most important message of your talk or conversation.
- Richard’s top 3 tips for making your content engaging
- Why talks are like soap bubbles.
All things Richard Wiseman:
Richard’s You Tube Channels:
Quirkology – https://www.youtube.com/user/Quirkology
In 59 Seconds – https://www.youtube.com/user/In59seconds
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
*(please note if you use my link I get a small commission, but this does not affect your payment)