From Vulnerability Comes Power with Harriet Waley-Cohen – 02
How do you find the fortitude, determination and resilience to keep going in the face of adversity? How do you show your vulnerability in a way that inspires others and builds your credibility? Harriet Waley-Cohen has transitioned from addict to entrepreneur, from unhappily married wife to successful single mum…overcoming even more struggles along the way. Today, she speaks to young people in order for them to avoid some of the bear traps we can fall into, and also to adults who haven’t been able to do so.
On this show Harriet shares how she uses vulnerability in her speaking and coaching, to help others beat their own demons, and grow her business.
What you’ll learn
- How you can use speaking to get coaching clients
- Why your story can help you stand out from the crowd
- How you can use vulnerability as a tool for connecting with your audience
- Why using the same language your audience would use to describe their problem is key to making you and your content relatable
- Why it’s important to take risks as a speaker and stay on the edge of your comfort zone in order to grow and develop your craft
- How you can position audience interaction to build on stories and embed tools
- Why humour and playfulness can help your audience connect with your message
- How we should question the negative thoughts we have about ourselves
- Why it’s important to solicit feedback, develop and evolve your message to stay confident and relevant as a speaker
- The things speakers should put in place around them to stay resilient
- Why it’s important to use social media, strategically, intentionally, and for the right reasons
- How sharing your view and opinions, even if they’re polarising, is better than being boring
- Why you must acknowledge if something unexpected happens when you’re speaking so that the audience can move on
- Why really understanding what your audience wants and needs is the key to becoming a great speaker
All things Harriet:
@harriet_WC (Twitter and Instagram)
FB Group Harriet’s Inner Circle
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
*(please note if you use my link I get a small commission, but this does not affect your payment)