Staying the Course with James Ketchell – 026
What does it take to make your dream come true? How do you cope with being in the ocean alone for nearly four months? What happens when you get a lung infection at the top of Mount Everest? These are just some of the things that my guest James Ketchell shares on this show.
From nearly losing a foot in a motorbike racing accident, to completing the ultimate triathlon, whilst being “crap at running’, James is a man who let’s nothing stand in his way when he’s pursuing his dreams. As a professional speaker, and now author, James now shares the stories and lessons learned from his amazing journeys. He talks about the grit and persistence needed just to get to the start line of his adventures, never mind the mental resilience and determination he had to find to complete them I’m chuffed to bits that he joined me to tell some of those stories and to share some of his speaking tips with us on The Speaking Club.
What you’ll learn
- How a sense of humour, and a dream to aim for, can get you through the darkest moments.
- Why you should listen to the people who’ve done what you want to do, rather than the people who just have an opinion on what you want to do.
- The key project pillars for an expedition or adventure.
- How to structure a fundraising proposal.
- Why you should always focus on the process not the outcome.
- Why your mental strength is the key to your success.
- The three things that can stop you pursuing your dreams and why they shouldn’t get in your way.
- Why setting mini goals will increase your chances of achieving your dream.
- Why you should make focus, fear and persistence your best friends.
- The three ingredients to great speaking.
All things James:
Instagram James Ketchell
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
*(please note if you use my link I get a small commission, but this does not affect your payment)