What is so funny…with Ashley Frieze – 016
With a powerful wit, and larger than life personality, Ashley Frieze has been making audiences laugh since 2003. His comedy songs and observations on the music world are a joy to behold, and his ability to hold the audience in the palm of his hand with or without his guitar, speaks to his skill as a compere and his adaptability as a comic.
In this episode, not only is he taking us behind the scenes to have a peek at the life of a gigging comic…he’s sharing some absolutely golden tips for how you can bring humour into your toolkit, whether as a speaker or a people manager in the world of business.
What you’ll learn
- Why comedy is an important cultural tool
- Why questions are the gateway to engaging content
- How to find ideas for humour
- Why acting confidently works to build your confidence
- How you can set yourself and the room up for success
- The different ways of being an MC
- The power of being present in comedy and speaking and tips to help you achieve this
- How humour can help you manage people more effectively
- Ashley’s secrets for speaking success
- How you can use the tricks of a comic to increase the impact of your message
- Why getting booed onto the stage can be a positive experience.
All things Ashley:
Twitter @Ashleyfrieze & @Ashleyjokes
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.